Carrying on the Drunkard’s Path theme for this year, A Drunkard’s Path variation…..
A few posts ago I talked about where inspiration comes from. This particular quilt was inspired by a poster. Here are my colour choices…all from my stash. I’m trying to use it up.
I couldn’t find the size template I wanted for the drunkard’s path, so I made my own.
I did remember to do a sample block just to make sure they worked. They did. After cutting all the pieces, my next step is pinning the curves together. Yes, I said pinning. I have tried the no pin method, but I just can’t seem to get the hang of it. I pin while I’m watching TV at night, so it’s not a big deal to me and keeps my fingures busy.
I tend to do all of one part of the process before going onto the next. Cut, then pin, then sew, then iron. It works for me. It’s easier for me to pick up the project and carry on without wondering how many more I need to make.